Our tax lawyers provide legal services relating to state and federal taxes for both individuals and businesses. The pervasiveness of the tax law demands that our tax lawyers work with lawyers in all other departments of the firm to ensure that the tax effects of each transaction, although not controlling, are considered.
The attorneys at Fisher & Sauls look forward to assisting you to develop estate plans and giving strategies that minimize transfer taxes and income taxes, thus allowing you to transfer the maximum amount of wealth and appreciating assets to future generations of your family or to other selected beneficiaries. We can do this by taking advantage of planning opportunities that arise from changes in the tax laws and developing strategies to achieve transfer and income tax savings for our clients and their beneficiaries. Our advanced estate planning involves planning to reduce estate tax, gift tax, income tax, and generation-skipping transfer tax.
It is an important time to evaluate your tax planning. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act signed into law on December 22, 2017 (the “Act”), includes significant changes to the federal estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer (GST) tax laws. In addition, certain income tax changes made by the Act may also affect estate and trust planning.
Our services include:
- Counseling our estate planning clients regarding estate tax, gift tax, income tax, and generation-skipping transfer tax planning
- Counseling private foundations
- Representation to achieve private tax letter rulings
- Counseling related to tax aspects of mergers, acquisitions, and reorganizations of business entities
- Tax analysis for closely-held business organizations
- Counseling regarding employee stock ownership plans and related financing arrangements
- Designing and drafting irrevocable life insurance trusts, charitable remainder trusts, and generation-skipping trusts
- Designing qualified and non-qualified pension, profit-sharing and other employee benefit and compensation plans
- Representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service and the State of Florida Department of Revenue
- Tax litigation at all levels of the state and federal courts