Louie N. Adcock, Jr.
Areas of Practice
Wills, Estate Planning, Trusts and Administration, Business and Corporate Law; Board Certified in Wills, Trusts and Estates.
- J.D. University of Florida College of Law;
- B.A. Political Science, Sociology and Economics: University of Florida.
Bar Memberships and Affiliations
Tampa Bay Estate Planning Council; Suncoast Estate Planning Council; Board of Governors of The Florida Bar; Fellow, ABA Foundation and The Florida Bar Foundation; President, The Florida Bar Foundation (1990); Chairman, Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section, The Florida Bar (1992-93); Member, Florida Supreme Court Commission on Lawyer Professionalism; Member, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education; Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel; All Children’s Hospital Foundation Trustee.
Louie Adcock practiced with the law firm of Fisher & Sauls from 1956 to 2017. He represented local banks and savings and loan associations, local businesses and developers. Currently, he is primarily engaged in estate planning and estate and trust administration.
Adcock attended the University of Florida, received a Bachelor of Arts Degree in economics, political science and sociology in 1952. After serving during the Korean War, he earned his J.D. Degree from the University of Florida Law School.
Adcock was admitted to practice in all state of Florida courts and in addition, was admitted to the Supreme Court of the United States, United States Tax Court and the United States Court of Military Appeals.
He served as a Lieutenant in the U.S. Army Transportation Corp. and for ten months he was in Seoul, Korea with the 3rd Military Railway Command. He remained active in the U.S. Army Reserve with assignments with the 430th Civil Affairs Company, and as a JAG officer with assignments in the Office of the Judge Advocate General in the Pentagon. He retired after twenty-one years of service as a Lieutenant Colonel JAG-USAR. Adcock’s civic activities include:
- President of the Visiting Nurse and Homemaker Association
- Chairman of the Pinellas County Committee of 100
- President of the Downtown Sertoma Club
- President of Family and Children’s Service (later Pinellas County Family Services Center)
- Vice President for the Southeastern Region of Family Service Association of America
- Chairman of the All Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Member of the All Children’s Hospital Board
- Member of the Board and Secretary of All Children’s Health Systems
- Board Member of Pinellas Community Foundation
- Member of the Suncoast Hospice Foundation Professional Partners Council
- Member of the Vestry and Jr. Warden of St. Thomas Episcopal Church
- Member of the Board of Community Bank of Florida
- Member of the Board of Fiduciary Trust Company of the South
Mr. Adcock had an A-V rating in Martindale Hubble, was a member of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel. He was also Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Wills, Trusts and Estates. He served as President of the St. Petersburg Bar Association, a member of The Florida Bar Board of Governors, President of The Florida Bar Foundation, Chairman of the Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar, and was an adjunct professor of Real Estate at Stetson University College of Law. He was a native of St. Petersburg and he was married to Mary Martha Shaw. He is survived by two sons and a daughter and seven grandchildren.